27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:43 PM

Location: Parksville (Vancouver Island), British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw'ee View Post
JIM ..
No , sounds like you have single beam bulbs / Only 1 emitter/coil

Single beam LED bulbs will have 2 sided LED (1 each side) with no shields and designed for cars with 4 headlights . 2 headlights for Low Beams / 2 for High Beams
I Think thats why most dont work in motorcycle reflectors designed for Dual Beam , Like our Z's
but couldn't find enough info which emitters were on with which bulbs at which high & low setting and which way they are facing . So your basically putting a multi-sided led in there ...

Unless... Single beam 2 sided LED installed up/down with 1 emitter on at Low Beam and its facing up .
Even then the emitter is not placed where the halogen beam would be
Ya, Car Bulbs ! Being sold as Motorcycle bulbs because they can

What was Question again ?

You didnt say if H4's ? Google Images shows them as H7's for most years
I dont use any of those kind so cant help ya.
I get it. I didn't say if H4s because neither the Yamaha user manual OR the service manual say exactly wat kind of bulbs are used! Everything they DO say I included in my post. I think Yamaha wants to sell us "genuina Yamaha headlight bulbs" at OEM spare parts markups, so they don't provide any details at all!

The reason I asked about getting bulbs for the R3 as well is that normally any Canadian purchases from The U.S. get hammered with a shipping cost and customs processing cost that often significantly exceeds the price of the item! I was hoping to spread the shipping cost over bulbs for BOTH the Z125 and the R3.

Thanks for looking at the situation anyway!

Jim G
post #82 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
Yes it has a screw, I tried that already as well. Unless I drill my own holes through the light there is no adjustability.

As a side note, I asked the manufacturer and they said that's just the way it is.
Quote:
I'll post back up if i see anything that will help
Guy on youTube adjusted his to vertical.
He says it will still turn even after it bottoms to the stop if I understand him right
Check the comment i left and for his reply if case i'm reading it wrong
https://youtu.be/TVTu5cuBBfU?t=316

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Z125 INFORMATION PAGE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #83 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:16 PM

Garage
Quote:

Might put a cyclops in after I can really test the ADVmonster Native H4 more off-road but mostly for the more vertical beam / than the extra brightness.
[/url]
After riding with the ADVmonster Native H4 some more I am switching to a Cyclops 10.0 Ultra

The ADVnative H4 is a great bulb for those riding 50 mph plus most of the time
The Low Beam is the same brightness as the High Beam, The high beam just points higher but both beams are so bright it dosent need to get any brighter than the low beam . And with the Low beam off during High beam, there is hardly any close in front glare coming off the road, so you can see better farther down the road which is what makes it a better bulb for 50 mph plus riding
The Cyclops 10.0 "ULTRA" purposely puts the high beam just on top of the low beam for more all around light in front of you which is what I need for riding between 25-45 mphs most of the time . and the beam is 3 times as tall as the Native H4 , but not all that much brighter than the Native H4 so that is not part of the deciding factor
And I will be putting a "Standard" cyclops 10.0 in my KLX that does spend most of its riding time at 50 mph plus . The ADVmonster Native H4 does not work well in a Rectangle housing (my KLX)

The "Standard" cyclops 10.0 bulb (not the "ultra") works like the Native H4 and most other bulbs and turns off the low beam during high beam and gets rid of the in front glare for riding 50 mphs plus type riding.
And is still a much taller beam pattern and just plain more light everywhere than the Native H4 if thats worth the extra cost to you .

Did Some Road Test videos /
Run both videos at the same time and stop them at the same locations to really see the difference
ADVmonster Native H4
https://youtu.be/5xgyf0nFxfI
Cyclops 10.0 Ultra
https://youtu.be/3r9_BcHQdYA

Z125 INFORMATION PAGE

post #84 of 110 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:56 PM

Yes! I ended up getting a new collar from the MFG since the previous one has some issues. I was able to rotate it to be vertical (slight rotation point to the right). I had to trim the rubber seal slightly to allow the bulb to bottom out but it works great now.

Quote:
Guy on youTube adjusted his to vertical.
He says it will still turn even after it bottoms to the stop if I understand him right
Check the comment i left and for his reply if case i'm reading it wrong
https://youtu.be/TVTu5cuBBfU?t=316
Kaw'ee and Ando like this.
post #85 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 11:58 AM

so is the MNNTHBX LED light just plug and play with no issues?
post #86 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Garage
Not sure about the XK-GLOW MNNTHBX LED myself
I dont have enough info' to tell where everyone is getting there's from ?

But some have rotation problems ... see above post.

And the videos I'm seeing they to not have a decent Cut-off point to oncoming traffic
If that matters for your personal use.
The low beam with only 18W will only be around 2000 Lumen (1 1/2 times a stock halogen)
So if your looking for a really bright light on low beam it may not be the one your looking for
But the High beam will be around 3500 Lumen (3 times a stock halogen)
Again not sure who's got what bulb from where !!!
Another Link here for helping with LED information when buying a bulb
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/z12...mens-lies.html

Z125 INFORMATION PAGE

Last edited by Kaw'ee; 01-09-2019 at 01:40 PM.
post #87 of 110 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:11 PM

I have been thinking about changing to LED lamp, I work for an electrical distributor quoting commercial and industrial jobs. Cree is spec'd on many jobs by electrical engineers as well as Philips, if both Cree and Philips head lamps are the same quality for their commercial jobs I would not hesitate to use either manufacturer.

'18 Z125
'14 M1200
'04 CR250R
'87 XR250R

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow what a ride!”
post #88 of 110 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:39 AM

Garage
How much horsepower does going to all LED free up? Can we get 1/2 of 1? Seems like an insignificant amount, but at 8 rear wheel HP an entire half a horsepower would be a very larger percentage!

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #89 of 110 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:35 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor32766 View Post
so is the MNNTHBX LED light just plug and play with no issues?
Correct.

Continually innovating USA made product for the Z125.
post #90 of 110 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:37 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Not sure about the XK-GLOW MNNTHBX LED myself
I dont have enough info' to tell where everyone is getting there's from ?

But some have rotation problems ... see above post.

And the videos I'm seeing they to not have a decent Cut-off point to oncoming traffic
If that matters for your personal use.
The low beam with only 18W will only be around 2000 Lumen (1 1/2 times a stock halogen)
So if your looking for a really bright light on low beam it may not be the one your looking for
But the High beam will be around 3500 Lumen (3 times a stock halogen)
Again not sure who's got what bulb from where !!!
Another Link here for helping with LED information when buying a bulb
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/z12...mens-lies.html
XK's newest bulb (the one we stock) is updated, has the correct orientation, now has the driver integrated, and customer feedback has been off the charts. Clearly the way to go in my opinion based on our experience.

Continually innovating USA made product for the Z125.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page