LED headlight? - Page 10 - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 02:10 PM

I'm new here but Ill throw my two cents in. I picked up the H4 cyclops 10.0 LED headlight and it was an easy install. the light spread is perfect for me on low and high beams. No error codes and looks amazing. The bike is in the shop right now but ill snag pics asap
Kaw'ee likes this.
post #92 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feniks View Post
I'm new here but Ill throw my two cents in. I picked up the H4 cyclops 10.0 LED headlight and it was an easy install. the light spread is perfect for me on low and high beams. No error codes and looks amazing. The bike is in the shop right now but ill snag pics asap
How about oncoming light glare? I do not want to blind oncoming drivers and get high-beamed and stuff.
Kaw'ee likes this.
post #93 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:02 PM

Sorry, and where did you buyh?

post #94 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnthbx View Post
XK's newest bulb (the one we stock) is updated, has the correct orientation, now has the driver integrated, and customer feedback has been off the charts. Clearly the way to go in my opinion based on our experience.
It says you are a vendor, but I have no clue what website? I cannot see? I would rather support a forum vendor.
mnnthbx likes this.
post #95 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
It says you are a vendor, but I have no clue what website? I cannot see? I would rather support a forum vendor.
MNNTHBX.com (Also in their signature)

As long as this topic is alive again...

What is everyone using for an LED Pilot light? (that little wedge bulb under your main lamp)

I bought some chinese crap off ebay (recommended here ironically) and unsurprisingly they died very quickly.

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here

Last edited by Ando; 09-04-2019 at 01:21 PM.
post #96 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post

What is everyone using for an LED Pilot light? (that little wedge bulb under your main lamp)

I bought some chinese crap off ebay (recommended here ironically) and unsurprisingly they died very quickly.
I myself removed the stock the City light completely and defiantly would not want a LED in there.
A brighter light on the road right in front of you just creates glare . The problem with glare is that is causes your eyes to dilate and reduces your ability to see in the darkness farther and better.
But theres other needs by some that can benefit from them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #97 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:35 PM

Garage
Totally understood. It was my understanding that the pilot light was for parking safety and as a backup light source if the primary headlight fails. In that situation at least you wouldn't be blind and invisible and possibly able to limp home. I mostly disliked the color mismatch after going LED on the main lamp. Now that my LED pilot is burnt out, there still isn't any color mismatch. *shrug*

Dropped a gear... . . . . . . . . . . ...still here
post #98 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
How about oncoming light glare? I do not want to blind oncoming drivers and get high-beamed and stuff.
Thread on it here.

https://www.z125owners.com/forum/z12...mens-lies.html

Kaw'ee

post #99 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 03:36 PM

Well I just ordered one from you MNNTHBX and I am having it shipped to my bike in Florida. Once I get there (~2 weeks) I will try it out and report back.
Kaw'ee likes this.
post #100 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 10:18 AM

I’m in Florida and I got the led light I’ll be installing it today. I’ll try to post pictures and report back tonight or tomorrow once I test it out in the night.
mnnthbx and Kaw'ee like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page