stretch - Kawasaki Z125 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

stretch

planning on stretching my Z. what length brake line do I need for a 3" stretch?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discodrew View Post
planning on stretching my Z. what length brake line do I need for a 3" stretch?
Well they run along the swing arm in the rear so I imagine 3" longer, could prob do 4 to be safe. Some of the Core Moto sites have custom length specifications:

Z125 Pro Core Moto Stainless Brake Lines (Front & Rear)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Vendor

You won't need longer lines. We just spin the front when using our extensions.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnthbx View Post
You won't need longer lines. We just spin the front when using our extensions.
I'm in the middle of doing this myself. When you say spin it. Do you take the banjo fitting completely off and flip it upside down? Or would you happen to have an example pic? Trying to prepare for my stretch kit coming in tomorrow. One last question, what's the most I can get away with stretching it with the stock line? Thanks!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Vendor

Just loosen the banjo and spin the fitting rearward. Will make perfect sense once you start. As for how long a stretch can you run? Not sure. We only use our 4.5" stretches, as all the longer variants kill the handling of the bike....

Continually innovating USA made product for the Z125.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 05:05 AM

Thanks for the reply! It looks as though if it spin the banjo fitting backwards that two issues arise. One is that the banjo fitting will press too hard against the black plastic 'fairing" and the other being that the brake line is still having to wrap around the frame first. Do I need to unhook it and run it straight from master cylinder to wheel without running a loop back through the frame? Forgive my ignorance.. I just can't see where more than a couple inches comes from by barely soinnong the line towards the wheel.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnthbx View Post
Just loosen the banjo and spin the fitting rearward. Will make perfect sense once you start. As for how long a stretch can you run? Not sure. We only use our 4.5" stretches, as all the longer variants kill the handling of the bike....
about 21 hours ago · #6
Thanks for the reply! It looks as though if i spin the banjo fitting backwards that two issues arise. One is that the banjo fitting will press too hard against the black plastic 'fairing" and the other being that the brake line is still having to wrap around the frame first. Do I need to unhook it and run it straight from master cylinder to wheel without running a loop back through the frame? Forgive my ignorance.. I just can't see where more than a couple inches comes from by barely spinnong the line towards the wheel. Thanks!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 11:04 AM

Garage
Haven't done it myself, But if MNNTHBX says it works .. It Works !
Run it straight back (not around frame) and maybe even flip it so bend is in towards frame (away from plastic) But, It might hit foot pegs tube , I cant tell because i don't have rear foot peg tubes anymore ?

Most bolt on Accessories will require deviating from the original design as well as some Trimming, Shimming Ect' . And brake line may not be using the original retaining hoops on the swing arm anymore
Might depend what the owner will be happy with. I forget if he gave it to you ?
Longer brake line to keep it looking original and longer chain should be available at where your buying the stretch kit . Also, I Think you need the Lower link to keep the bike level like stock setting ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaw'ee

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 11:18 AM

Garage
Good time to install a braided line.

My site:

Youtube channel:
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
Good time to install a braided line.
Think you're right.. I rerouted the line and definitely got a bunch of extra length, but looks like it is close to kinking the line. Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get new lines and learn how to bleed lol.